I will give you a hint:
It's NOT Alex! Alex is one of the least foolish people I know. (By the way, what exactly are those toilet paper rolls whispering in your ears, Alex?)
It's not this cute little thing either.
See! I am not making this up. It is a sweet avocado dessert, and the ingredients include an avocado (of course), juice of 1/2 lime (we used lemon - fresh out of limes!), 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk, 2 tbsp coconut cream (not to be confused with coconut milk - you make this by simmering 1 part coconut in one part milk and then straining it in cheesecloth and letting the cream then rise to the top as it cools in the fridge), and finally a pinch of salt. Just blend it! It was pretty good folks, so it is a recommendation if you are looking to explore the many sides of avocado.
By the way, can anyone tell me where the name fool comes from? Dr. Google couldn't help me in 10 seconds, so I am stumped.
Maybe it refers to the one making the dessert.
What the toilet paper rolls tells me is between them and me. Sorry. You'll have to wait until they start talking to you to find out what secrets they have to share. On a different note, I should add that this was actually surprisingly good. Enough so that we would make it again.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm more surprised that you made dessert out of avocado than by Alex's listening to TP :) what is the world coming to?!?!
ReplyDeleteI'd want to eat that with chips. Get a fix of sweet and salty all at once.
ReplyDeleteFruit fool is a classic British dessert, dated as early back as the 16th century. It is a mixture of sweetened fruit puree, whipped cream and whipped egg whites. It is usually enjoyed during fresh fruits are in seasons.
Thanks for the info, Janelle! I had no idea about fruit fool but it sounds delicious!
ReplyDelete