Sunday, January 31, 2010

10 things I love about Alex

Alex deserves many posts on the blog dedicated to him because he is that awesome. While he may not have all that many posts, you should know that there are many posts in my heart for Alex. I want to share some reasons why I love Alex without being overly mushy because that would scare my dad away from my blog. Then again, I probably already scared my dad away. 


1. When I am all snug and cozy in the bed at night, I have invariably forgotten to get something or do something. Alex will get out of bed and get it or do it without complaining, even if it is 2 am and I need a cough drop.


2. He knows how to cook, man! (tinfoil dinner of apple stuffed cornish game hens on our honeymoon). We make a perfect pair - he cooks, I eat!


3. Look at that smile!


4. He married me. I would be some bum on the street if it weren't for Alex.


5. He gives me foot rubs. Oh, how I love the foot rubs. And oh, how I need them. (Especially when I have marathon feet. That is rare, by the way)


6. He loves me even when I look like this, which is not as rare as marathon-feet.


7. He fits into my pants. Wait...


8. He waited for me while I was doing this...


9. He is made of money. Well, in a relative sense. If love were money, Alex would be a bajillionaire!


10. And finally, the last thing (on this list) I love about Alex. He has almost singlehandedly transformed this:


Into this: 


Amazing! He has worked really hard on our home. And he works hard in every aspect of his life. I am so lucky that Alex is my slave husband!


Okay, I knew the title says 10 things I love about Alex but there are two more things that simply have to be on this list.


10a. Alex has an incredible, innate ability to find things that I have been looking for for at least ten minutes and still can't find. Usually, he says he finds them in my backpack but I think he finds them somewhere else and just says they were in my backpack, because I have already looked there 2 or 3 times.


10b. ALEX. LETS. ME. CUT. HIS. HAIR. That, my friends, is unadulterated, true love.




4 comments:

  1. Cute post! Cute hubby you have there. I think he's pretty awesome, myself!! He always had a lot of love to give, and I'm glad he found a focus for it. The comparison pics of the house shows how amazing you guys have made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good wife! Your house looks awesome! I am so glad you two are married! I just want to see you! I love all the pictures of you! I love you! You are SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you need to come visit! We would love to see you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, Katie. Your mission blog wasn't too long. I would have loved to have heard more! Your kitchen is amazing - well done, Alex. I cut Mike & my boys hair too. A sign of how much I love THEM, because I hate doing it (been doing it for 17 years now). But it saves money for my haircuts!

    ReplyDelete