I (president), for instance, didn't get fired and didn't get sued. I put over 1500 miles on my bike getting to work and back and managed to avoid the sculpted physique that many bikers get.
Alex (supreme dictator) didn't get kicked out of medical school and is now halfway through his third year. He has not yet decided what kind of doctor he wants to be. Any input would be appreciated.
We didn't lose our house and we didn't get divorced. We are happier and more beautiful than ever. We didn't get in any car accidents. I did bounce two checks of my own and one of someone else's. We killed 4 rosemary plants (working on the 5th) and couldn't get our basil to grow.
Lucy and Lola didn't bite anyone that wasn't family (they almost never do) but bowled over (and probably mortally terrified) a few kids. They are now officially middle aged dogs.
Master Ruben managed to not get arrested.
The chickens and rabbits managed to not escape or get eaten (at least the rabbits that are still alive did not get eaten.)
Ok, a few things that actually did happen to us this year.
We had a great road trip out to Utah/Idaho. See blog post here.
I went all home ec and did some canning and quilting.
We had a goat roast.
All in all, it has actually been a fabulous year and we are so grateful for the many blessings in our life. Most of all, we are grateful to be able to celebrate this special time of year and remember the gift of God's son to the world and to each of us. We wish you all the very best coming year. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
With love, Katie, Alex, Lucy, Lola, Ruben, Johnny, Frankie, Wasabi, Jadwiga, Yaroslaw, and Bogdana

Love it!! You guys are the best. Thanks for the update, and Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteI love you! You are such a fun writer! You look so skinny in all your pictures! I think you totally got the biker physique! You are amazing. We need to catch up soon! KOCHAM CIE DO POLSKI I Z POWROTEM!
ReplyDeleteIt was delightful to read about you great 2012. Your nots and didn'ts would make some people I know jealous. Thanks for the fine update. How was the goat? I hope it was excellent. Lamb I can manage, mutton is a big stretch then goat??
ReplyDeleteMerry Merry Christmas,
Love,
Ed Dad
I wish I had logged that many miles on my bike! All I can do is keep trying! I hope you can wend your way out West next year too. We can have barbacoa. I am sure Coco can find us a good meat goat! We love you and miss you. Although we can't be together physically at Christmas time, you are in my heart.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
mom
And you didn't get to come to Philadelphia. I cannot believe all that you DO accomplish!!! Here's to a wonderfully happy new year :) Love you guys SO much!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun update. It was so much fun to see you this summer.
ReplyDeleteWhat fortunate summer confluence!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a good year. Almost done with med school? That's gotta feel good.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you reposted your blog address on FB for me! I had lost track of it. It is great to see what you and Alex have been up to. Your pictures crack me up. :) Our family blog is alliandkyle.blogspot.com (though it needs some recent posts!). Keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteKatie, love your pictures above too in these posts! I hope you guys have a great year!
ReplyDelete