Like this
All notes from Katie and one from Jeff. Thanks Jeff ;)
Actually, this is Katie here. I can't get Alex to write any blog posts anymore so I have to extol all my virtues for him.
I do want to say one thing I really like about Alex. Here is an example to illustrate: I got home this afternoon from cutting down invasive species in a nearby restoration park with the park district ranger guy and some volunteers (actually, we were cutting honey suckle. I told you that was a weed here, mom) and mentioned to Alex how much I had enjoyed it and maybe I should work outside all my life. He looked at me seriously and questioned if I really did want to be a farmer (I keep talking about how I want my milk goat and milk sheep) with a tone of voice that indicated if it was what I wanted, we could make it work. (Until I reminded him how much time and money I invested in vet school and that knocked him back to his senses.) That is the thing about Alex. He always wants me to a) be happy and b) pursue my dreams, of whatever size or type. Take the rabbits, the sewing machine, the bike, the whole vet school
Thanks Alex.
This post reminds me of the Hinckleys. Marjorie said to Pres. Hinckley one night: "You have always given me wings to fly. And I have loved you for it." So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCorey is very much like Alex in this respect. It's wonderful!
Aww, cute love notes. It's good to extol your own virtues once in a while! I'm glad Alex takes your happiness seriously! It is a great trait for a husband to have.
ReplyDeleteThis is mom here. I gave myself an aptitude test (vocational likes/dislikes). My #1 profession choice with matching aptitudes was a farmer- sorry Katie you must have inherited it! But your chosen profession does mix nicely with farmer. Physical therapist was a bit of a stretch but I did manage to do hippotherapy with the children. It all works- you just have to be creative and that is the key- embrace what you like and your creative ideas. And I am so glad Alex puts up with your creativeness!
ReplyDeleteMom back again. Katie I just looked at your first post in 2009. How quickly those babies change. I am so glad you caught that moment in time. Thank you.
ReplyDelete