Friday, December 28, 2012

our winter travels and travails

Alex and I don't get to have too much time off together nowadays, so we have been enjoying the few precious days off we have had this winter break.

We took a quick jaunt down to Springfield to see some of the sights. We were lucky enough to be there while the presidential family was also visiting and got a couple pictures with them.


We were too shy to ask for a picture with Larry the Cable Guy and Pres. Lincoln, especially since I have no idea who Larry the Cable Guy is.


We saw our first Frank Lloyd Wright house, the Dana-Thomas house, which was "simply awesome" according to Alex.


We also took a quick saunter up to Chicago. Alex was able to enjoy his first real Ukrainian meal since his mission. He kept saying how much it tasted like the real deal.


We visited our favorite art institute, the Art Institute of Chicago, and we both found some pieces we identified with.

Alex also really liked this one:


I'm not sure why he liked it so much, but maybe it had to do with this part.

No! Not the dead rabbits. The cat eyes, of course.
We all know how much Alex likes cats. 


Thanks Andersons for joining and putting up with us!

Most of all, thank you Christmas and New Years for falling on a Tuesday instead of a Sunday like you did last year because it means I actually got time off from work. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. You know it's a real Ukrainian restaurant when they serve Zeleniy Borsch, which they did, and I had a bowl. It was good.

    ReplyDelete