Lola, aka Barfhead
Why short dogs are better dogs than tall dogs
The difference between vomit and regurgitation
Why we've gone through two rolls of paper towels in as many days
Why you shouldn't leave things out on the counter when you leave if you have a long legged dog
Why we are out a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread
What not to do if you don't want your dog to vomit all evening
So, anyway, this is what I came home to on Thursday:
I know it kind of looks like an asteroid, but it is actually the innermost goodness of a loaf of homemade bread that had inadvertently been left out on the counter. When I got home, it was actually sitting here, next to my main suspect, Lola:
I made the mistake of cleaning up before photographing the crime scene, but I do have a picture of this:
Proof!
This was the second day I came home to a surprise, and the day before it was a mostly empty jar of peanut butter that had been mostly full when we left.
Both nights, Lola barfed all night long. Sorry, regurgitated. It was fun.
Now we have learned our lesson and as a fool proof guide to save ourselves and Lola from our own forgetfulness:
Other exciting news this week: it finally got above freezing. In fact, it was so warm that I caught a picture of a wild gazelle sunning in our backyard:
Oh, sorry, that was Lucy. She kind of looks dead, doesn't she?
What! No one's posted a comment yet on this blog entry? How is that even possible! It's obviously because Katie didn't include any pictures of the vomit. If she had I can guarantee there would have been some comments!
ReplyDeleteBelieve me, it was interesting enough without the vomit, and I'm a nurse!
ReplyDelete