So a few things I learned today:
My dad won't read my blog until I have kids. That's okay. I'm okay with that.
If you are ancient Egyptian, a schawabti will clean up after you and run your errands in the afterlife.
Ramses was a king among pharaohs. He was also a tireless master of self promotion.
That is all I learned today.
Here in Idaho on spring break, I have been
a) cooking/baking
b) getting lots of sleep
c) blogging, apparently
d) saying hi to my goats
a. I have made lots of stuff. Some winners, some not. I like experimenting and trying new recipes, but I realized that I never build a cooking repertoire of things I am good at because I rarely do anything twice. Here are a few things I tried so far this week:
chocolate puddle cookies
basil chicken in coconut curry sauce
old fashioned prune cake - use more spices than it calls for or make sure you are using spices that your mom didn't inherit from her mother who bought them thirty years ago. And please oil your pan well. Thank you.
balsamic mushrooms - these were my favorite. And the easiest by far. Figures.
strawberry frozen yogurt - yummy!
among other things
We had our next door neighbor over tonight for dinner. She is from Lebanon and she is lovely. She has always been a wonderful neighbor. And she said, as she was leaving "Say hello to your lovely husband. He is so good looking." I know, I know.
I think the best meal I have eaten so far was made by my sister Jessie and her husband Scott. Among other delicious things, it included shrimp bruschetta, grilled vegetables, and individual little molten chocolate cakes to die for.
Mmm... chocolate puddle cookies. Very puddly. My mom thinks they look they look like dog poop. And she should know. She picked a bunch of it up off the yard today.
Idaho is beautiful. My parents have such a good view.
Some other views at my house:
This is the bathroom my dad single handedly redid. It is very impressive. Here is another picture.
Then there are some pictures around my house. They will help you understand me better.
Now you can see why I had a troubled childhood.
I like this one.
Troubled child.
If only I could still take baths outside.
This is me the night I sold my first lamb Lana at the 4-H fair. I was heartbroken to have to sell her, but my parents let me get a puppy that night. Her name was Coco. She was a great dog until she was run over.
I love this painting of my grandpa.
Finally, the goats. I love my goats. They are old as far as goats go. I mean, these are the same goats I showed when I was in high school! They did really well then, but now they are old maids. They have a scruffy winter coat too, but they are still cute. Two neat things about goats are their rectangle pupils and their goatees.
Mayzie lou.
Awesome goatee.
Scruffy.
Good scratch!
And some movies:
Finally, for your consideration:
If you can't read it, the side of the bus says Cheez Nibblers make better lovers.
I miss you, good lookin'!
Amazing the knowledge you keep in that brain of yours. What did I learn today? Goats have rectangular pupils. That was news to me!
ReplyDeleteHaha. It was just because my dad was watching a movie about Egypt while I was posting! :)
ReplyDeleteSo, I've always liked Yvette (Katie's neighbor). Every year she makes really good baklava for the Gammons, and I usually end up eating most of it when I'm in town. I like her even more now. In case you weren't aware, one of Katie's firm goals in life is to have a dairy goat farm. Someday we'll have enough land. For now, she's having to made due with rabbits.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to know about your blog!! I love the pictures. I now have this on my blog so I can look at it frequently. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteBeck
Mmmm. I like the dog poop cookies. They look delicious. Seriously. Rectangular pupils? Does that make their perception distorted, like different from ours? Thanks (about Henry), I think he's pretty cute, too. And I'm glad you commented because now I can look at your blog, too. :)
ReplyDeleteWow- you really do have a lot of time on your hands!! Quite the blog post! Thanks for all the pictures - a fun trip down memory lane!
ReplyDeleteIs that a school bus??? Yikes I hope not. Love all the great pictures, recipes and videos!
ReplyDeleteKatie has been wonderful to have here. I hate to see her go but I know I have to share her with Alex, Lola and Lucy too! She has cooked, cleaned, raked, shaved my head and hugged me when I needed it most. What more can a mom ask? I am a pretty lucky mom to have someone share what little free time she has with me.
ReplyDeleteLucky mom
Katie I loved this post!! Okay so whre to begin? That bathroom is amazing. I especially love the sink. Those pictures are pretty hilarious. I'm pretty confused by the gun one :) I'm so glad that you were able to spend time with your family. We are praying for your mom. We are excited to see you guys in May!
ReplyDelete