Saturday, March 20, 2010

Things I love: Inka edition

Inka. The very word makes my heart palpitate. Inka has been my constant companion during the cold winter months when I have to wear 50 pounds of clothing inside my house to keep from freezing. Let me introduce you.

Blog readers, Inka:

So I know it says Cafix and not Inka. Inka is the name it is sold as in Poland. In the states, if you can find it, it is sold as Cafix, which makes no sense. Cafix makes me think of a caffeine fix but Inka has neither caffeine nor fix. It has four ingredients: chicory, roasted barley, beetroot, and rye. And it is the perfect drink to have hot on a cold winter day. I am obsessed with it. I drink it way too much. If interested, here is how I recommend drinking it:

First you will need a mug. This one is larger than average. But before I begin, I want to point something out.

May it rest in peace. Anyway, fill the mug up to about here with water:

Microwave 90 seconds. Add about 1 tablespoon Inka and fill it up to here with milk:

Microwave 60 seconds. Add sugar to taste (I always use 1:1 Inka to sugar but some more sugar will put some zip in your zipper). Enjoy! By the way, Inka didn't pay me for this post, but if they wanted to, I totally wouldn't be opposed to it.

Inka has some mystical abilities too. Note:
 What does this look like to you? That's what I thought:

A ghost with one arm coming out of his stomach and a shark fin. This is probably telling my future. And Kiki, I don't have a stylet and I only have blue. Sorry. And then, after I added sugar:

Do you see it?

Another ghost, a wailing, flailing ghost. I don't think it is good news for me. Then I took a sip. 

I drank his butt:

This might be good news for my future. Okaaaaay.

Other news this week. Remember that salt shaker. Yeah. Thanks Lola.

We (Alex) started some seeds inside.


Outside, watering:


I like the one without the flash.

And finally, I was very helpful during said seed planting:
And apparently, disgruntled. Or confused. Or angry. Can anyone help me figure out the expression on my face? Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Inka stinka is actually really good. It's actually just like the coffee substitute called 'Halych' that some members would drink when I was on my mission in Ukraine. In case you are interested, it is WAY better than Postum. Katie, I think your impression means "I miss Alex. Why isn't he here with me in Idaho?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that drink. I'll see if they have it here and we'll give it a try. Hey, we tried the green smoothie, didn't we? Well, some of us did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are awesome, Katie. No two ways around it! I'm lucky to have a ghostbuster like you for sis-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hilarious post! I'm going to keep my eyes open for Cafix. I need a nice hot beverage to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Inka when I served with you! But when I drank it at home with Micah, it just wasn't as good! It needs the Sister Gammon touch! Kocham cie BAARRDDZZOO!

    ReplyDelete