2. The surgeons eat you for dinner.
3. You forget what daylight looks like.
The good thing is that it is almost over. Now that I am done complaining (actually I'm not - Alex will hear plenty of it this week no doubt) I have to share some pictures of spiders that I found within a foot of each other in our garden the other day.
This one was stretched out a moment before but I think I startled him and he curled up into fetal position.
Check out the web!!! I find it so interesting that he created the two vertical lines of zig-zag web. Why did he do it? Is it more attractive to passing insects? Potential mates? Does anybody know?
Close up. Sorry, its not really in focus. Someday we will get a nice camera.
For some reason, I find it touching that these two interesting, beautiful in their own right, and very non-intrusive creatures chose our little spot of land to weave their webs. Of course, I don't feel the same way when they find the inside of my house a good place to make their web...
Here is another, somewhat more obtrusive nest maker:
Lucy gets up on the bed when we aren't looking and somehow manages to move the quilt back enough to make herself a little nest with it. Usually I am annoyed (because she SHEDS), but one day I walked by and it was so cute that I tucked her in and then left and forgot about it. Alex came behind me a few minutes later and took the video.
That dog has Alex wrapped around her fifth digit.
I love Lucy's tail wagging under the covers :)
ReplyDeletelol yes, I too, love Lucy's tail under the covers. Those spiders are amazing. We had a really huge one on our porch for a month or so. I didn't have the heart to kill it, though I didn't feel bad tearing down its humongous webs once in a while...
ReplyDeleteQuestion
ReplyDeleteWhen a student I captured a nice sized Wolf Spider in a bottle. If I decided to keep it as a pet could I go to a Veterinarian if it got sick? How would I know if it got sick. What would I feed a pet spider? By the way, I thought it was only female spiders that spun webs. Is this wrong?
Ed
Katie I felt like getting into a fetal position myself when I saw that spider. It reminds me of when I went raspberry picking in Illinois with Amy, etc. Lots of fun, but seriously scared of the huge spiders! LOVE the video of Lucy. I can't believe that she just held still under the blankets. I still haven't gotten Madeline to do that :) Too cute!
ReplyDelete