And the Parents:
The parents spent the weekend with the Parents and everyone had a lovely time.
This picture sums it up:
warty
Here are some highlights:
The BEAN. Aka cloud gate. Whatever. I like the bean better. This is a good place to note that we also walked down the Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago, and my mother, still recovering from chemo, out-walked all of us. We couldn't keep up with her!
Little Poland! I stocked up on Inka!!! (This is my dad getting a scent of śledź - a true Polish delicacy.)
The Art Institute of Chicago (free on Thursday nights! Woo hoo.) Why is it that the only picture my husband took there was of a dead head and a pluck? I don't understand that man.
There were some moments of deja vu...
(see American Gothic above. Which one do you like better?)
And we learned some disturbing things...
And we learned some disturbing things...
Weirdest post ever? Possibly. You really nailed it with "warty" though :) Your mom looks great! Love you Parents!
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
ReplyDeleteKatie, that picture with you kissing might be a little over G rating. Hah :) I am so glad your parents got to come visit! How fun. Now come visit me. No excuses about not living close to me.
ReplyDeleteCandy basically said it all ;-) So happy your folks could come and share in the Parents craziness ;-P
ReplyDeleteI just have to say that I have awesome in-laws. They're welcome to come visit any time they want!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing all the great pictures - especially the first one. That'll show Stan for not reading your blog, or does he now?
ReplyDelete