Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Working hard begets hard work

Last year when my parents came out, somehow we convinced them to spend four days of back breaking work to lay our wood floor. It is beautiful, and we are very grateful to them.


Unfortunately for them, they didn't learn their lesson. When they foolishly came out to Illinois this time, we put them to work again, building us a front patio and flowerbed. I am very happy with the results and very thankful to my dad, who never complains about hard work and never has his whole life I am convinced. I am also grateful to my mom, who also worked very hard helping with the patio and raking the leaves (although I kept trying to convince her that the leaves on our lawn were a very small percentage of the biomass that was about to fall on our lawn from the sycamore tree in about a week but she replied with "well it is that much more you won't have to rake up." Can't argue with that logic.) She also bought the beautiful mums, which make me happy every time I see them. I want to take them to a taxidermist to preserve when they die I love them so much.



Ruben's mini-me

warty


THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL! I love it :) You have awesome parents, Katie :) I can't wait to come out and see all your improvements. I hear you on the raking - two boys came by asking to rake our comparatively miniscule amount of leaves. I paid them a few bucks to do it into a pile - that much less to do later on, and who knows if they'll come back when the work is HARD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful and friendly new porch and flower bed! It says, "Hello, friend. Come on in!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful addition to your home! You say hard work begets hard work. I say, "hard-working, wonderful parents begat hard-working, wonderful daughter :-)" Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katie,
    I think a break from school and a visit from your parents brings out a very creative you. I had a lot of fun reading and rereading your blog. I like words but your photos are so umh, interesting. And the story of the girl and the boy continues on. Can't wait till the next posting. Love,
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were fun posts! I especially like your pictures, Katie. You look very happy... and kinds weird in the squash one but it's still cute and even flattering in a way. :) You guys are fun and we miss living by you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful work! It's amazing what a difference it makes. Your home is looking so great!

    ReplyDelete