Give me the camera!!!
This weekend I girded up my loins and went camping with my baby and without my husband. It was a church sponsored event and I managed to find another mom whose husband couldn't make it. We shared a tiny cabin and squeezed two pack n plays in between the beds. On the trip up, the babies took turns crying and waking each other up the whole way there. The night went relatively ok and Cecily didn't even freeze.
I had never been to the birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith before. It was a beautiful area and besides being able to see an important historical spot, being out in a little bit of nature was rejuvenating.
These are the ruins (foundation, cellar) of Solomon Mack's home. Solomon Mack was Joseph's father-in-law who purchased the 100 acre farm for the family. Their homes were a few minutes' walk from each other. Joseph Smith Sr. couldn't make a go of it and when Joseph Jr. was 2 years old moved to another farm in Vermont to start over.

I love Cecily. There. I said it. She's even cuter than your last post! I'm really glad you got to go to the Joseph Smith birthplace. I felt the Spirit so strongly when I was there years ago. After driving all day in our van from NYC, we got there late after it closed, but the missionary couple opened the visitor's center for us and it was so special just to be there with our family. Does Alex remember that? Proud of you going out and being adventurous!!!
ReplyDelete