Sunday, August 3, 2014

New drinking adventures

Cecily still won't take a bottle. We tried it many times when we were still in Urbana because I worked part time while Alex watched the baby for a few weeks before we moved. It went well exactly twice and the rest of the times she never latched on and it mostly dribbled out of her mouth and made her mad. 

After we moved there was little motivation to try. I have been contemplating returning to the work force for a few hours per week and, as many mothers can identify with, my biggest stress is finding the right child care for my baby. Also stressful is how to help her to eat while I am gone. 

I have been reading about how you can teach a newborn to drink out of a cup and from 5-6 months old they can actually do it by themselves supposedly. Amazing, no?

I decided to give it a go. I bought a Doidy cup that has sloped sides (read about it on some blog) and we have been trying it a few times per day for the past few days. 


How is it going? I would say well. She puts it up to her mouth with my help, and while the majority dribbles out, I hear at least a few swallows each time we try it.

How does baby feel about it?
 About like this.

Home grown produce!!


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your eggplant outweighs the one in our garden by probably 3x. That is a beautiful eggplant! And the baby ain't too shabby, either :) I think "Doidy" is fun to say. Kiss the baby for me!

    ReplyDelete