Sunday, June 29, 2014

House update

Candy requested some pictures of the house with table so I took some pictures to share.

Kitchen: cozy but it works. 

The wallpaper will go sometime. 

Kitchen table!!! Craigslist is great.

The piano fits! It takes up about a third of the room, but I have noticed that a grand piano makes any space look elegant. 

The sun room. This is a great space.

Candy's favorite part about the house is the butterflies. 

Alex managed to put in a little garden before he started. 

Blackberries and raspberries. 

gooseberry and currant bush

Peach tree

Apple tree

There you have it. We are blessed to have a nice big yard and hopefully we will get a lot of use out of it over the coming few years. Most of the backyard is shaded by some large trees which is why the garden is on the side yard and the fruit trees are in the small front yard.

Alex started his residency officially. The first night he got home at 1:30 am. He didn't have a key to the house so he tapped on the bedroom window to wake me up. It has gotten better since then but he worked really hard last week. (Harder than he has ever worked in his life, according to him.) The commute is longish too so he has really long days. Most days Cecily is asleep when he gets home.

During church I took pictures of Cecily. There is another baby Cecily in our ward. The first week we were at church the birth of a second Cecily was announced over the pulpit and Alex and I were so surprised! Luckily, the other family is very sweet so we don't mind. The two Cecilys will grow up together in the ward (our Cecily is only 2 months older) but probably won't know any other Cecilys.









4 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by all the pics. I love them! Especially so happy for Ms. Cecily to have found her toes. What a fun accomplishment! The house and yard are looking great! I like your kitchen setup and the table. Nice! Thanks so much for the pic of the butterflies. I've cried myself to sleep out of missing them quite a few times. Keep up the good work, Parent family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toe recognition is a big milestone- now when Cecily starts sucking her big toe (like her mom) that will be even better! Your house looks great and all moved into (another big milestone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cute baby! Intern year stinks! It is horrible. Figure out the new computer system, the way the hospitals work, the commute is a pain. There was more than one time that J fudged his numbers so that he was working the "right amount" of time. I wish I could say the workload gets easier but after intern year they can work you longer than 18 hours. And things like Q5 are a major grind, but the good thing is he will get faster and you will get better at knowing what works for you and what doesn't. Sometimes we go in and eat dinner at the hospital with daddy because it has just been so long since we've seen him and the positive on working a ton is that when they do have to sleep in the day they are so exhausted they can sleep through anything...and I MEAN ANYTHING...toddler foot in the face, no problem! Smoke detector going off, no big deal :) I love all the edibles you put in at the house! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete