Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Olde Towne

Yesterday we had a little adventure. We took Cecily on the subway into the city and did a walking tour of some historic sites. Boston is a good city for a historic tour. Seems like there is an important building on every corner, someone famous lived on every other corner, and famous historic things were happening everywhere.

Cecily did great. She slept in her mei tai for a lot of it, woke up, ate (we bowed out of the tour at this point), and refused to go back in the carrier so we took turns carrying her for the rest of our walkabout.
Changing baby in the backyard of the Old North Church, which is where Paul Revere had two laterns hung.

 We were quite popular with passers by with this cute thing in tow.

Boston skyline

We are settling into our house bit by bit. This is what the kitchen looked like a few days ago:

Alex tore out the floor cabinet by the stove to fit in the new fridge. The hole has been replaced with a stainless steel shelf and looks decent. We never intended to have to tear apart our new used kitchen to fit in a new used fridge but when life gives you lemons...

I feel a need to post a few pictures of Cecily.

Favorite sleep position

 Don't look, grandma! Hanging out with Lucy.

Only lasted for so long

We had no bouncer, swing or rocker when we moved in so we had to make do... The peacock is taped to the end of the ironing board. 

2 comments:

  1. This post made me want to yell, "CECILY!!!!!!!" She is just that adorable! Maybe I could also yell "KATIE!!!" "ALEX!!!" "BOSTON!" "KITCHEN!" Things like that. And lastly - "PEACOCK!!!" I'm glad you guys had such a fun time. Looks like a very cool place you have landed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked and I am OK with it as long as Lucy isn't smelly! And I know she NEVER is. I like your innovative approach to baby amusements. Whatever works I always say!

    ReplyDelete