Saturday, October 26, 2013

(Surprise) Party

Apparently I have been in a piñata mood lately. 



I made them in secret for a couple of weeks until Alex, without knowing what I was working on, thought it would be a good idea to take a piñata to St. Louis when we visited the nieces and nephews. I thought it was a good idea too except I had already had that idea, he just didn't know it yet. So I brought one of my piñatas and it was a surprise anyway and the kids pulverized it.

Then Alex had a birthday. I had to work until 8 pm that night so we didn't do anything exciting that day. I think I gave him some chocolate. Wait, I take that back. We went to a little Vietnamese sandwich shop and got Alex's favorite wings.

A few days later, I invited a couple people over, filled up two piñatas (one for kids, one for Alex), and made some donuts and hot chocolate. And I didn't tell Alex about any of it. I guess that officially means I hosted a surprise party. That is a first for me.



It was fun. I didn't get a lot of great pictures. Alex's piñata had some Ghirardelli chocolate and some new ties. The ties are for interview season which is fast approaching. I even tried to hunt down some Polish ties because everyone knows that Polish ties can't be beat but unfortunately was unsuccessful in that regard.

Here's one of the ties.

Thanks for coming over to help me decorate Cara and Ben!

Just a sidenote: I made eight cakes today. I don't think I need to do that again. Ever. Too many dishes. 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a birthday!! Scary spooky monster pinatas. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was one of the eight cakes a blue or pink? I am in suspense!!

    ReplyDelete