Here are eight of the nine cakes we ended up making. Thank you David Lebovitz for providing the vast majority of the recipes.
This is before everyone got there. After everyone got there it was more an exercise to see how many people we could fit in our house...
So the birthday part was fun, but the real fun was finding out what we are having.
Cherry was awesome and volunteered to make our baby cake. I gave her the sealed envelope from the ultrasound tech and she made the cake yesterday and today. It was an awesome cake.
Once everyone was more or less there we cut the cake to find out what was inside.
And...
There you go. The secret is out.
We were both happy. It was what we were expecting, so at least there were no shocks to the system.
I apologize in advance to Lisa for posting this picture. It is just the only one we have of that moment.
Yay for baby girls!! Anyone have any name suggestions?

Little pieces of 10 cakes = too much cake. Sometimes it's a curse that my wife is such a good baker...or maybe it's a curse that I have such little self control.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your baby girl!!! Great way to find out!!! I love baby name voyager when I'm looking for names. She has a great blog, namipedia, and a place where you can check the popularity of any name over the last 100 years. http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager
ReplyDeleteHooray! Another girl in the family!!!! Katie you look so great and I love the reveal cake. Congrats :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you two :-D Happy Birthday to Katie Bess!!! How about Alexandra Katalina - or Katya would also go well? I like that a lot :-) This was such a fun way to reveal your baby's gender. Love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a fun night!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of your happiness!!!!
ReplyDeleteCherry
HOORAY!!!! So excited for you guys :) Katie, you look amazing. Love the baby girl bump :) Can't wait to meet my sweet little niece. I'll work on some names haha.
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I am so happy for you! What a fun night! We are seriously sad to have missed the announcement and all that DELICIOUS looking cake! Corey works Sunday nights, so it's never easy for us to get out on Sunday night. Otherwise we would have been there! Congratulations, congratulations again! And hey... if you find an amazing name list somewhere please let us know. I may check out the one Crystal suggested. We are STRUGGLING in that area!
ReplyDeleteAshlee go look! It is amazing! So much more then a book of baby names! I love to look at it even when I'm not prego! One of my fav girl names that dr j never liked is Cora! Love that name so much. :). Good luck ladies! It will be so fun to be having baby girls so close to one another. Sort of makes me miss the old ward :(
DeleteHooray for BABY GIRLS. I am happy, happy, happy- did I say I was HAPPY? Congratulations to the Parents who will be parents (and good ones at that!) And now to hit the baby sales!
ReplyDeleteLove mom
Congratulations Alex & Katie! Johnna has a nice ring to it :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That is so wonderful! How about some traditional English names like Imogen, Gemma or Beryl? Just kidding. When is your actual due date??
ReplyDeleteConratulations! I was thinking about you throughout the day and I am thrilled you will be a mom. Here's an idea . . . Josie Annabelle
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! And good luck with the names. :)
ReplyDelete