Monday, August 19, 2013

What is in my kitchen nowadays

Peaches: we have been battling squirrels as to who gets to the peaches first. I think the squirrels are winning. I walked by the peach tree yesterday and the aroma of peaches was delicious and unmistakable. And I realized that every squirrel within 5.2 miles can smell our peaches. The approximate squirrel population is 10 per yard. We pick about a dozen off the ground every day that have either been pulled from the tree and had a bite taken out of them or that are simply a casualty of the branches shaking. We are trying to salvage them as best we can.


Homemade graham crackers: Today I made some graham crackers even though I should have taken a nap instead I realized later. But at least they were tasty. Even better dipped in milk.


The fridge: Our fridge tends to get crowded with pictures of family, quotes that we like, and other random things so we have to clear it off every now and then. I have decided that the goats are permanent residents.

Recently we have two new additions that make me smile every time I see them. The first one is a cut out from the (large) lunch bag that was given to Alex on his trip home from Boston. The Petersen kids drew him a picture.

We miss you! Feelings: you here...    you left...

This is the other one - my 10 week ultrasound!!! This has been an announcement a long time in the making and I plan to post more about our IVF experience in the future. We are thrilled to finally be expecting and much of the time it still feels a little unreal to me. I have been blessed to not experience any (or at least, very little) nausea and I am grateful for that, along with all the other blessings we have had along the way. 


So far, baby looks like a potato head so we are calling him/her Strax until we find a more appropriate nickname.

8 comments:

  1. Katie!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's GREAT news! We're so excited and happy for you! Congratulations!!! So when is the actual due date then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful! So happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaaaaattt????? YAAAAAYYYY! I am so thrilled for you! Oh Katie! That is wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations!!! Hugs and Love to you and Alex both! I really hope you keep feeling well. And how fun to have another pregnant friend in the ward! I was getting kind of lonely! Yay! What a lucky baby to have you and Alex as parents... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to meet STRAX!! Just absolutely thrilled for all 3 of you :)

    ReplyDelete