Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude

We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way. - Author unknown

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. -Thornton Wilder

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. - G. K. Chesterton


Thanksgiving is such a great holiday. I love that we have a special day eat good food AND practice gratitude.

Here are some of the things I am grateful for:


























That is just the very short list. I am so blessed and I have so much for which to be grateful. 

My wish is that we can all be grateful today and always.

Feel free to shout out what YOU are grateful for!

5 comments:

  1. 10 points to whomever can guess the mystery child above. If parents of said child get it wrong, they automatically get 10 points deducted from their final score. :)

    I'm grateful for a wife who likes dogs and cats and chickens and rabbits and ducks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about the photo of Daphne????

    Love the post. Grateful for BOTH of you kiddos :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful EVERY DAY for life and what it teaches me! I see that Rueben is on "top of the heap" and a mighty lucky cat!

    Love and gratitude to you both,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I am also grateful for some hair that is now covering my bald head. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete