Friday, November 5, 2010

How to make dogs eat their veggies

1) Make them think it is a treat.
2) And make them work for it.







In reality, I don't have to do either. For some odd reason, they both LOVE carrots. Along with hibiscus leaves and fig leaves and grass... Go figure.

In bird news, two days ago I was adding golf balls to the chickens' nest boxes because I read somewhere that sometimes they need a hint about where to lay their eggs. But wait, what is that?... two little eggs were already in the nest box! I don't know which chicken it is yet, but since then, she has been two for two. So now we have four tiny adorable, slightly pink eggs :

First day, compared to a large egg.


All four!

 Thank goodness for animals that actually earn their keep. Everyone else just sits around and consumes resources.

5 comments:

  1. My dogs are awesome. Just thought I'd let you all know. And to answer the question why my dogs like carrots: Lucy is always hungry. She'll eat anything, even onions (sometimes). Lola just eats them because Lucy does. She's kind of a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is not always hungry!!!! She just likes food. Like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should we start saving our egg cartons for you? Also, I think Lola is definitely not a follower. She's an instigator. :) Cute bideos, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They can hold amazingly still! Impressed with the eggs! Wow. So little and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a rabbit omelet? I bet Lucy and Lola would help me eat it!

    ReplyDelete