Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Love Spring!

For many reasons.
1) It is not so cold I have to wear five layers of clothing inside my house to stay warm.
2) I can ride my bike to school.
3) Things grow!

Daffodils are popping up all over the place, including in my yard!

There is a tulip hiding in there.

We got this plant off of Freecycle and we still aren't sure what it is. I am just excited that it is still alive. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is?

Then there is this beautiful thing budding all over the place. This is a peach tree we planted last year. I can already taste all the delicious things that are going to come off of this tree.

Apricot tree.

Plum tree. Alex had to tell me which these all were because I can never remember. Please don't mind that patch of dirt in the background. It is having an identity crises. It isn't sure yet what it wants to be - a weed patch, a mud patch, or maybe grass someday. There are lots of identity crises going on in our yard, but I am not going to blog about them.

Forsooth, forsythia! And a chain link fence.

There are little sticks poking up out of the ground here that you can't see. They are raspberries. They used to be bigger sticks until one day when the dogs decided that they wanted to chew them up, then they were littler sticks.

Grape plant just planted by husband.

This is our future garden. Alex prepared it all while I was gone in Idaho. I swear, if I left town more often, lots of things would get done.

Future space of rabbit cages. Stay tuned for more pictures.

Do you know what this is?

Does this help? It is the belly button of the house. You know, an outie.

Sometimes patios are the dumping grounds for everything that is in a state of flux. Dirt, doors, chairs, random pieces of wood. They all need a forever home. Any takers?

Things are growing inside too!!

I find it so amazing that you can plant seeds and that they grow. Does anyone else think that is incredible, or is it just me?

This just in: Alex wants a dibble. Over and out.

6 comments:

  1. If I were a poet I would write an "Ode to Spring" but I will have to be content with the pictures of Katie's wonderland of Spring while I gaze out my window at yes, Idaho SNOW! I think the little plant is cottonester (ka tonea ester)bush. It should get little delicate white flowers on it in early summer and reddish/purple berries in the fall.

    Thank you Katie for a look at your beautiful yard and the renewal of spring.

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Spring! Our yard is looking blossomy in places as well. Do you want to come record it for posterity? We planted a lot of things last year that we're not really sure what they are... so this year I'm excited to see what happens. I think Tony would like to start over, but I like the element of SURPRISE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful plants everywhere! I get excited to plant things too and it was fun to look at all that is going to happen in your yard this spring and fall. Good luck with the planting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent post, Katie. I can't wait until our fruit trees bloom...assuming that they actually will...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love plumbs! i'd ask you to bring me one but by the time they actually bloom or blossom or whatever it is that plumbs do, i will probably not be seeing you 8 hrs/day. :(

    ReplyDelete