(Hi, this is Alex.) So, a couple of weeks ago Katie put up a very nice post where she briefly mentioned the roquefort honey ice cream that we made with our new ice cream maker. That night we had Ephraim and Amy and their family over for dinner, and they both partook of the luscious frozen liquid. We ate it over caramelized walnuts and pears. It definitely took Eph and Amy bye surprise since we wouldn't tell them what was in it before they tried it, but I think they at least enjoyed the experience, even if they wouldn't necessarily want to repeat it anytime soon. Katie and I actually quite liked it, and the remaining ice cream didn't last the week. That being said, the one who liked it the most was Daphne, as demonstrated by the video below:
Like I said, Eph and Amy weren't quite so sure...
Anyway, lest you think that all of the food we make is strange, last Sunday we had this...
...homemade vanilla bean ice cream (from the vanilla we made at Christmastime) and strawberry rhubarb crisp (with rhubarb from our garden). Both were very good.
Last Tuesday Katie had her last final of her third of vet school. To celebrate I took Friday and Saturday off from work. We were going to go camping, but it rained more or less all weekend, so instead we did this...
...weeded, mulched, and made new supports for our blackberry bushes.
We also did this...
...put in our herb garden. We currently have chives, sage, oregano, thyme, marjoram, parsley, coriander, tarragon, dill, and of course basil. The last thing we did Saturday afternoon was to build this...
...okay, so it's not quite done, but after a roof and a few cages are added (right now it's on it's side...it's actually about 3'X3'X8'), you are looking at what is the future home for our rabbits. I'm sure there will be more pictures of this in the future. Hopefully it will be inhabited by lagomorphs in approximately 3 weeks. Bet you're all as excited as we are!
I love Daphne taking control of that spoon :)
ReplyDeleteGreat work on the gardening. Blackberries, yum!