But first, Public Service Announcements from Martha Stewart:
Right. Just need to find my flower frog (?)...
Yeah. Ha. I tried that once. It was fun. Right, Joe and Ashley?
You know, if my sweetheart had a cup of cappuccino, I might just do that. Why not?
Okay. Thanks, Martha. Our Valentine's involved lots of good food, as all good holidays should. I won't subject you to a full run down, but here are some highlights:
If anyone ever feels like getting us a gift, a meat tenderizer would be appreciated. Pots work to flatten meat, but only kind of. Although, if you really want to get us a gift, you might want to get us something that we would use more than once every three years. I have to say, that was the first time I had ever in my life thought to myself "you know, it would be really convenient if I had a meat tenderizer right about now." This is a piece of smashed chicken breast that is about to meet its meat fate as chicken roulade. See the following:
It was good, folks. But I have to say that my favorite was the dessert. Please refrain from judging it based on how it looks. It is called Indian Pudding and it was truly wonderful. Now that I think of it, it is kind of a glorified hot breakfast food, but still, it was really good. Maybe that is because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Even better than the dessert, I liked our company, Jeremy and Tiffany. They were awesome company and they had some of the funniest figures of speech. I was cracking up all night. I wish I could remember some of them, and I also wish I were as cool as Jeremy and Tiffany. Yes, yes, that is a picnic table for those of you who haven't been in our house yet.
And finally, because I can, some pictures of me and my exothermic love. Alex coined that term. He also told me this morning that when we get together, our delta G is negative. It was very romantic. Thank you, thermodynamics.
Wow, this is double trouble. Did you notice? This blog is rated PG.
Don't know what's going on here, and I am not sure what that light streak is, but I think it is our poltergeist. No, really, his name is Harry and he is nice. He only turns the radio off every now and then:
One more. We look happy, don't we?
All I can say is, "We simply had the best Valentine's day ever!" I thought the pan worked more or less okay as a meat tenderizer, although I have to admit the ants didn't seem to like the banging very much. ...I thought our poltergeist was named 'George'. Oh well, I guess I'm out of the loop... Isn't my wife a cutie!
ReplyDeleteI was feeling the same way about the those dorky suggestions from Martha Stewart, but yes I will admit that the chocolate was DIVINE! I love your post!
ReplyDeleteNice V-day! You guys are both cuties. And I think Katie should be a vet professor someday the way she uses the blue line to elucidate her points. Love ya guys.
ReplyDelete