Hi friends.
I have a few updates:
Cecily is sleeping very well! Much more than a few minutes of crying when I put her down for sleep or a nap are now the exception rather than the rule. We shifted bedtime a little later to 8 pm to see if that would help her sleep in a little longer, and it kind of worked. I feed her once before I go to bed and she typically wakes up at 5:30 am to eat and about half the time will go back to sleep for another hour or so. It is really not bad. She doesn't have a day-to-day nap schedule but I can kind of predict when her next nap is going to be depending on when she last woke up and how long she slept and it is very doable.
Cecily and I were able to escape Boston for a long weekend while Alex was very hard at work and go to Philadelphia to see some of our family members. We had a fabulous time and Cecily impressed everyone with her eating skills. I am glad she lives somewhat close to some of her cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.
I think Alex and I are mostly adjusted to what this year will entail. It is no longer a shock if he gets home 4 hours later than expected. He no longer tells me ETA before he has actually left the hospital (which is usually inaccurate), only when he is on the road.
I am looking forward to my first New England fall! And even more to my parents coming out in a couple of weeks!
I am working 1-2 days per week at a dog/cat clinic. I found a couple of great babysitters to watch the baby while I am away, but every now and then we are lucky enough that Alex gets to watch her. This is what I came home to the other day. It was so sweet and my heart melted into a pile of cheese.
Before you watch this next video, just know I am 94.2% sure I am one of those moms that thinks that everything my kid does is adorable. I mostly posted it because I love that she is rocking to the beat of her inner drummer.
Oh man, I loved the video! Totally cute rocking out :) We miss you guys down here! The trip was a great success, but I think it made us all realize how much we like being together... Thanks for the pics of that little Cecily!
ReplyDelete