- I graduated from vet school.
- I started my first job as a veterinarian.
- Alex graduated with his PhD and three years later his MD.
- We brought home our beautiful baby Cecily after waiting for her for years.
- Alex (with just a little help from me, my dad, and my mom) transformed this house from a fixer upper to a beautiful fixed up.
- Alex planted a garden each year and very fruitful blackberries, raspberries, grapes, and a peach and pear tree. I learned how to make jam. Lots and lots of it.
- We tried our hand at having chickens and rabbits.
- We had many friends over for dinner/games, etc and grew to love so many people here.
I could go on and on. We have cherished this house and I cried the day the for sale sign went up. While it is a huge relief to have it sold, we will always look back fondly on our time here.
Just a few pictures of our house:
The slate floor turned out great. The bathroom was one of the last things we did so I haven't had a lot of time to enjoy it...
Alex put hardwood floor in about half of the house.
The kitchen originally had two different types of linoleum. We decided to tile the dining room, kitchen and laundry area. That was the first major project after the kitchen cabinets. I helped quite a bit with the tile project. We will never tile 600 sq ft again. It was so much work!
original kitchen
Dining room. These walls used to have nasty painted paneling.
We painted every wall in the entire house.
I did very little of the painting. I don't really like to paint.
Here are a few more old pictures of the house:
The floor was half done for quite a few months...
We tore up lots of carpet.
The bathroom...
What is that, officer? You want to pull me over when we have our screaming baby, our mewling cat, and our two dogs in the car and just left the house in a huge hurry to get out before people arrived to look at it with the Realtor? Is there any chance you heard me talking to my husband about 10 seconds earlier about how funny it would be if we were pulled over right now? I just may have uttered the words "I dare that policeman to pull me over."

Great job. I really love the colors you chose and the floor! I'm going to show my husband your bathroom floor because that would go well in my house.
ReplyDeleteYou didn't finish the post! Did you get a ticket? Did he give up because he couldn't hear over the baby?
Katie was pulled over for not having a front license plate. He gave us a formal warning, not even a ticket. I don't even think it is a fine-able offense. Is it worth putting one on for 3 more days?
ReplyDeleteKatie, I finally caught up with your blog! Cecily is beyond beautiful! I am so so so happy for you! We will have to come visit you in Boston sometime! If you are driving through NE Ohio ever, come visit! I LOVE YOU! I did finally update my blog! At least one big post!
ReplyDelete