Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy one month birthday!!

Today is Cecily's one month birthday! And Alex and my one month anniversary of being parents.

I made a peanut butter chocolate cake in the slow cooker that didn't look that great and ... didn't taste that great either. But it didn't really matter because Cecily didn't get any anyway.

She got a couple presents. She slept through the whole party.

Alex made her the benzene onesie and I made the other one. 

I got her a book. She wasn't terribly interested in it but I read it to her anyway.

So how is being a parent? Awesome. I love being a mom! I love contemplating this new little creature in my life and all the potential she has and all the exciting adventures we will have together. She has started to have random smiles which melt my heart. I can't say I like her (what feel like) marathon fussy sessions at night but I know she will grow out of them and someday I will miss the newborn stage. Not everything about the newborn stage, mind you, but it is such a special thing to have a spirit straight from heaven.

She had a pediatrician visit today and weighed 10#11oz! She went from average weight to 90th percentile in a month! Go Cecily!

This was her adorable Sunday outfit. Unfortunately, at the rate she is going, she is going to outgrow all her 3 month outfits in a few weeks...

This is a mei tai carrier I got in the mail today. Alex likes it. So does Cecily. 

Snug as a bug

A ring sling carrier my friend is loaning me. I am having fun with all the babywearing. 

Happy birthday Cecily! Here is to many more happy months ahead. And hopefully more sleep for everyone. 

6 comments:

  1. Happy one month birthday Cecily. I was thinking about that all day. My heart is full of love. Looking forward to meeting her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can't wait to meet you too, Stan! She stays up at night with anticipation!

      Delete
  2. Awwww. This is such a special day! one month of Cecily on this earth :) Happy birthday, baby :) Can't wait to meet her. Love all of the pics. Katie, you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Cecily :-) I called, but did not get to sing Happy Birthday for her one month old day :-) Thank you so much for all of the pictures! They warm my heart. Looking forward to holding that little one before she turns two months old. She is looking more and more like Katie! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy every minute- even the bad ones because it passes SO quickly. Little ones are not little for long. Happy one month Cecily! Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete