Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Another whirlwind Boston trip... and a new home!

So, Boston...

In Boston the chance of finding a place to rent you actually want to live with 2 large dogs, 1 cat and 1 child: very small. Once we discovered this and came to the conclusion that we should try to buy if we could (this was last week), we found a home on Trulia that we liked and where we could see ourselves living. Let me tell you about the housing market in Boston: many of the homes go on the market during the week, have an open house on Sunday, accept offers Monday and are sold. So when we saw this house, that night we purchased a ticket to send Alex out there to see if it was "the one". I always miss that man when he leaves but I have never missed him so much as when I had a crying infant at midnight four nights in a row. In the end, it was all worth it. We made an offer and it was accepted today. This was not, actually, the home he went out there to see. That one ended up being not all we wanted it to be, mostly neighborhood-wise. This other home has pretty much all of what we want: it is close to public transport, in a good neighborhood, it has a decent sized yard for the area, and it also has lots of things that will be nice: close to shopping, close to parks and outdoor recreation areas, it has a garage, it has an unfinished basement with lots of potential. The inside is pretty outdated but nice enough and at some point we will probably redo a few things but for the time being we can move in to a very livable home.

There are two crazy things about this situation: 1) I never imagined we would spend so much on a home at this point in our lives. 2) We bought a house without my even seeing it!

So, I just want to say that we are 15 minutes away from the airport and we have a guest bedroom.

A few pictures of the home:
Gotta love the shower curtain







A couple pictures of snoozing Cecily:




6 comments:

  1. I think it is GREAT that it is 15 minutes from the airport- I love it already!!
    It really is a cute little house- just can't believe what cute little houses are going for in Boston! I am glad it worked out and prayers were answered. I see a few little "baby rolls" on Cecily. I love it-she is growing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house. It is a bit dated inside I guess, but totally has a lot of heart! You guys will make it home very quickly. I LOVE all of the windows and light. It's very welcoming. Time to work that Parent charm on the place! Congrats, guys :) Can't wait to stop in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And hello, I forgot to mention how adorable that baby is!! I just want to kiss that little face. Thanks for the pics. Aunties like pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house will be so fun to move into and make yours :-) It will be much better than apartment living I am sure. Beautiful little Cecily! I love every picture that you post, so please keep them coming. I know she is just a baby, but her personality already seems to be coming through in the photos :-) I especially love the picture where she looks like she is chuckling over some private joke!

    Yes, 15" from the airport sounds terrific!

    Congratulations on finding "Your" home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see a ramp?? But other than that it sounds "perfect" enough and like another answered prayer!! Cecily is changing so much just in the few wks since we saw her at church!! Love seeing updates. Hate that your going but glad that we'll still (always) be friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You BOUGHT in Boston? I spent one summer there and I could not believe the prices! I am so glad you found something in a good area that fits everything you really need. Yay!!! Boston is such a cool town. I would love to live there!

    ReplyDelete