Saturday, February 8, 2014

A momentous occasion

Something happened yesterday in our family that has never ever happened before. I don't think Alex was looking forward to this day, and I can't say I was especially either, except that I was, because I knew it would happen and it was one more milestone of my pregnancy.

This is what happened: 
We weighed the same.
Alex looks thrilled, doesn't he? 

Here is a fun picture from my baby shower with some of my pregnant friends:
From left: Evelyn, Becca, Emily and Sara

For the record, I have loved being pregnant. I actually think I am going to miss it. Sure there is some discomfort  now that I am in the large-and-in-charge phase, but in general I feel good and healthy. I love contemplating the miracle that is happening and the fact that I basically have to do nothing and my baby and my body do everything. And in a few weeks out pops a new little human to be a part of my family. 

6 comments:

  1. Katie it cracks me up that you posted this! I wish I weighed the same as Dr. J ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You both look great :) Can't wait to meet the little miss that has caused all the furor! So glad you have felt good during pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry- with a little jogging you will be your slim, svelte self soon! With Jessie I outweighed Dad at delivery (and he is a lot heavier than Alex)! So I would say you are on the slim side right now!

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a dream last night that I was holding your baby. A healthy, big, sweet baby girl with some dark hair on top. I loved it. Not a fat baby, a healthy baby, in case that was unclear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete