Enter my husband. With the combined genius of YouTube, Google, and Amazon, Alex fixed the dang thing himself! I have proof:
I told him afterward I should write him a check but he declined.
And an ode to my friend the broom:
Farewell pictures.
You and me, broom
Sometimes that's all there was
Fighting a losing battle to keep the house clean.
We swept up crumbs, dog fur,
Many torn up shreds of paper (thanks, Lola)
And probably a few tears.
I gave time and energy to head off the tide of dirt on the floor
But you gave of yourself.
Piece by piece, stem by stem,
You gave of yourself to keep my floor clean (or cleanish I should say).
Unyielding devotion. You were always there.
When I needed you I knew where to find you.
Now I have already purchased your replacement.
I will throw you in the trash can
And not think twice about it.
But I will not forget your selfless service
In the name of kind of cleanliness.
Thank you, broom.
Don't mind the czapka. It found its way onto my head when I was going through boxes of stuff I didn't even know we had yesterday and it was so comfy I left it there.

Gee that broom looks like it is in a lot better shape than mine. Don't throw it away I will take it in and use it in my never ending battle against Idaho wind and dirt. By the way, the czapka looks pretty cute! Alex- you are a renaissance man of many talents!
ReplyDeleteYou do look very cute with the czapka! We called a hat like that caciula "cachula" in Romanian, but a newsboy cap we called a sapka "shapka"! Very similar. And don't give Alex a check - you should just offer to have his baby. You were good to give the poor broom a home for so long. Best of luck with the new one!
ReplyDelete