Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

Alex and I were lucky enough to both be in Philadelphia for Thanksgiving (he in between two interviews on the East coast and me because I could) and had a wonderful time celebrating the holiday and weekend with family. It was just a wonderful time to not stress (didn't make a single lick of dinner this year), put my feet up (thanks, Tony!) and just be around family. And it is always nice to have a reminder to be grateful for all of my blessings. I have to say, since turning 30 every day seems a little more precious and every day of life seems like a gift. Like I realized my mortality or something strange like that.

Here are a few pictures of our trip. We didn't actually get any good ones of the Thanksgiving meal itself, but we were lucky enough to be able to see Marissa and her family for dinner as well.

Fonthill castle. What do you do if you have a rich aunt, a tile business, and want to leave a legacy? Build an entire castle out of concrete, of course. I can't say I would want to live there but this was an incredible place to visit. Tile was everywhere in all shapes, sizes and possible designs and motifs. Unfortunately photos were not allowed inside. 

We visited the Barnes Museum in Philadelphia. Dr. Barnes loved Renoir. I would show you some but I couldn't take pictures. 

Baby Strax and I were the honored guests of a surprise baby shower! It was great fun. Thanks, sisters and mom-in-law! Bethany didn't mind if I took pictures. 

 Baby girl stuff is fun.

And we attended a Christmas recital for Bethany's students.

It was over way too fast. 

3 comments:

  1. You went to the Barnes Museum?!? Have you seen the documentary "The Art of the Steal?!?" If you have actually been there then you MUST. Huh. I am confused actually. I thought the Barnes Museum was no more because of what I saw on the documentary. It was made a while ago. Maybe there was a good ending to that story after all!!! Seriously. Gotta see that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the documentary but now I should. The Barnes is now located in downtown Philadelphia, right next to a Whole Foods which is helpful if you are suffering from hypochocolatemia (low blood chocolate level) as I happened to be.

      Delete
  2. It was such a pleasure having you both in Philly. I love the pics. SO glad you were able to enjoy yourself and put your feet up. You're welcome anytime :) We already miss you!

    ReplyDelete