Friday, November 22, 2013

A riddle

     Closed, it sleeps
     On its side
     Quietly,
     The silver
     Image
     Of some
     Small fish;

     Opened, it snaps
     Its tail out
     Like a thin
     Shrimp, and looks
     At the sharp
     Point with a 
     Surprised eye.

-Valerie Worth

Who am I?

I will give you a hint. This is something my sister gave me when she found out I was expecting. I love it. It is a little reminder that soon, with a little unbuttoning, we will be a family of three. 


This is where we are. 

This is the part I am not so sure about. 

I don't know about Alex. He is kind of a silent observer through this whole thing. 

Alex brought me back a treat from Seattle yesterday. Actually, it was a gift from Sandy and Dan. 
What better gift than oatmeal?! No, seriously. I love oatmeal. They also gave us some cute baby clothes.

Sandy and Dan at Snoqualmie Falls. 
I guess the Snoqualmie Oatmeal is amazing. I can't wait to try it. 

A few autumn pictures:
Our grasses in the backyard. I have always loved these. 


And Lola. 

...




2 comments:

  1. The mighty Lola, surveying her backyard kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day when I used those pins on your diapers!

    ReplyDelete