Sunday, July 14, 2013

Working hard in Boston

Early mornings and late nights at the hospital here in Boston, but also some fun too: 

Crane Beach near Ipswich.
Supposedly one of the best beaches in the state. I spent about two hours here  a week ago Saturday.
It's not Florida, but definitely worth the hour drive. 
Crane Beach looking the other direction. There's a mansion on top of the hill, which you can't really see. 
Young quince growing at the great house near Crane Beach. Someday I will have my own quince tree, and Katie will make quince jam.
32 inch striped bass caught in Boston Harbor.
I got lucky enough to get invited to go fishing with Quinn Peterson and his brother Randy yesterday.
An early morning (even moreso than usual), but a great day.  
Fisherman Quinn.
Boston Temple with my hosts, the Petersons. It's been great staying with them.
The temple is 10 minutes from where I've been staying, which makes it much more convenient than the three hours drive to St. Louis.
View of Boston from the Washington Tower at Mount Auburn Cemetery. 
I miss you, Katie. No matter what I'm doing, it's not nearly as much fun when you're not with me.

4 comments:

  1. That fish is awesome!! Even awesomer than your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big bass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, you look so happy and handsome in that picture! Maybe living near the ocean is good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, you do look very HAPPY with your fish, which makes me happy :-) Love you, son!!

    ReplyDelete