Sunday, February 17, 2013

My cross stitching husband

Every now and then I learn something new about my husband. I am usually taken aback, because I assume there is not a ton left to learn after nearly 6 years of marriage and almost 9 years of knowing him. It makes me wonder how many other little secrets are hiding in there.

Recently, I learned that Alex used to cross-stitch. I have proof.
He cross stitched horsey dude when he was 9. It was the cool thing to do if you wanted to fit in with your mom and sister. I love that Alex cross stitched horsey dude. I actually wish he also knew how to knit and sew so he could teach me.

*** Piano update***

The piano is set up and adjusting to life in a small front room. Lola has asked to learn how to play. I told her she would have to grow opposable thumbs first. 

The bench got left in Utah.


The other good news is that Alex didn't hurt his back helping piano tuner guy assemble the piano. 

*** Thumb update ***

For anyone who cares, my thumb is still there, still opposable, and still a little painful but not as bloody. 




5 comments:

  1. What did you do with your other piano?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sitting in our guest bedroom waiting for the Packs to move to Winfield so they can take it.

      Delete
  2. Yes - he did many manly things! I think I helped him finish that cross-stitch, too. Glad you have the piano set up. Glad your finger is slowly healing, and glad the bite didn't turn you into Catwoman (at least as far as you have admitted).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a piano bench to go with that beautiful piano! The only condition is you have to take my spinet to get the bench! PLEASE? I would like my music room turned back into a formal dining room. But we don't eat formally any more than we play the piano. Maybe I will just be content?

    It is a beautiful instrument- you are so lucky. Did you get the box of piano books yet?
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fantastic about the piano! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete