Thursday, August 9, 2012

I love Thursdays

I don't have to go to work on Thursdays. It is the awesomest thing in the world. I have 26 hours of work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before my day off on Thursday and I have found myself recently counting down to 1:00 pm Tuesday, which is halfway to Thursday.

So what do I do on my days off? A better question would be: why do they go by three times as fast as any other day?!?

Today I finished a quilting project I have been working on for a while. It was originally going to be a baby quilt but I think you will all agree with me that it would not make a fabulous baby quilt unless the baby loved to read or chew on books.

Maybe we will hang it on the wall.


We got about five minutes of rain today. That is the most rain we have had for about 2 weeks. One upside of the drought is I have gotten a lot of biking in. No worries of being rained out pretty much the whole summer. Here is what my biking chart looks like:


That is compared to a couple months ago:


And for you observant people out there

there are four additional squares. I had to add them after I bought some biking shorts and figured I should "pay off" those as well. Biking shorts are not cheap!!



4 comments:

  1. Awesome quilt! I love quilts on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quilt! I love it! and glad you got some nice biking shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is adorable. I want to come over and learn to quit! It really is to pretty to use so the wall would be great but it would also work as a baby quilt because all four of my children love eating books :)

    ReplyDelete