A couple weeks ago a young man stopped by the clinic on his bike and when he went to leave, his tire was flat. We weren't all that busy at the time so I pulled out my repair kit thinking "awesome! A chance to serve someone and experiment on someone else's bike!" I thought we had fixed the thing and I was bragging about it later until one of the front desk staff said something like "yeah, he showed up five minutes later wanting to use the phone." That was the first flat tire I had ever attempted to repair.
You can imagine my dread when I went to leave work today and my back tire was flat!! Alex had a meeting or I would have made him come rescue me. Everyone else at work was gone. I had no choice but to fix or be fixed.
So, in record breaking time (50 minutes), I repaired the flat and it actually lasted me until I got home! This is the triumph of my day.
FYI there is a nasty defect in my tire where a whole area about 1x3 cm is worn away almost to nothing and a little thread is poking out. And the tire curves the wrong way. Not good. And I am not sure when I will be riding my bike again. In all honesty, I should have caught it before it got to this point. Now maybe I will take more seriously the advice to look over your bike on a regular basis.
Not a great picture, but you get the idea.
As an aside, because I biked home an hour later than normal, I got to see a beautiful sunset. I also swallowed about 50 dusky bugs.
Proud of you, Kate! Way to go, lady biker!
ReplyDelete