Sunday, May 1, 2011

Two days

Stuff has happened in the last two days. Significant stuff. For instance, yesterday, Alex and I nearly killed ourselves running the Champaign-Urbana half marathon. I am honestly not sure if it was harder than the marathon we did 3.5 years ago, but it sure felt like it was at the time. It was SO hard to push myself the whole 13.1 miles, and especially the last mile. However, I knew that I could suffer a little now and be much more pleased after the race about my performance than to slack a little and know forever that I could have done better had I just tried harder. We certainly didn't set any world records, but we met our personal goals (we were shooting for an 8:30 minute mile and came in at an 8:02 and 8:16 minute mile averages).

tired kids
(the next time you see Alex, please comment on his awesome post marathon pom-pom hair)

I also learned that it is not as simple as one might think to drink water while running.

And then today, I had my final ICU shift at the veterinary hospital. Kiss it goodbye - vet school is over.

A couple of Easter pictures:


We were grateful to be able to eat home-grown meat for Easter.

Finally, Ruben wanted to say hi:


9 comments:

  1. So cute!! I miss you guys. But thanks for sharing the pictures and a few of life's pleasures. Congratulations to Katie!!!!! You both a super cool after your half marathon. Who cares about the hair at that point? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they don't looks super cool, Mom. They look SUPAH KOOL! Proud you guys pushed yourselves :) Alex's hair could qualify him to fit into the awesome band Bay City Rollers (Google it). Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed on the Bay City Rollers eligibility :)

    The Easter Bunny tasted wonderful. Yum.

    If anyone has any recipes they want to share (Jana), we would appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!! That's awesome about the half-marathon and school!! Alex does have nice pom-pom hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being done! See you soon to celebrate. :)

    Hi, back to Ruben.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Katie and Alex! What an accomplishment! I think I'd like to hear your "Easter Bunny" recipe - was it baked, fried, or in a stew?

    ReplyDelete