This time around, my friend Katie Schneiber from the BYU glory days decided to give the Midwest a try and stop by for a visit. We spent our short time in Chicago, because... why not?
Chicago is a large city, but
we found the bean.
We also found the largest Christmas tree in Chicago.
One thing we did not find was Ira Glass. Where were you, Ira?
We found a stained glass museum absconded at the back of Navy Pier. There were some truly beautiful pieces. Maybe I found my new hobby.
This is a piece by Louis Comfort Tiffany of the Garden of Gethsemane. This photo truly does not convey the magnificence that you might feel standing in front of it.
We all found a Santa friend.
Alex has shifty eyes. I think he wasn't all good this year.
Katie was a good girl. For her reward, she gets to golf in Florida over Christmas.
This is what I get for Christmas. Maybe I wasn't so good either.
Katie's Great-Aunt/Second Cousin/First Cousin once removed Betty was kind enough to let us sleep under her roof. Katie hadn't seen her for nearly twenty years and Betty gave Katie all sorts of wonderful family photographs and told some great stories. She also had a great Christmas sweater which had dancing pink flamingos. It was great to be able to meet her and hear a little about her life and family.
I definitely think you should take up stained glass!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! The stained glass are beautiful :)
ReplyDelete"Just to be clear, I don’t think that my pets are my children. Neither do other people, which is evident to me by the fact that some people that come over to our house tell us they don’t care for our animals. That would be considered rude to say about someone’s child, I think."
ReplyDeleteI was sorry to read this in your last post and specifically felt bad about ever making fun of Ruben's more comical traits. And yet...I wouldn't consider having him for Christmas evidence of being naughty! He's still cute and affectionate!
I always enjoy reading about trips to Chicago (more than actually visiting myself). It IS a neat city but very cold and windy! I think you'd better take up stained glass- the idea seems to be haunting you.
It is true. Ruben is not the proverbial coal in the stocking. He is more like the wind beneath my wings. We do love Ruben. Don't worry about making fun of him - we do it all the time. I will have to break myself of that habit once I have children.
ReplyDeleteHow could you not make fun of an awkward, needy kitty with nystagmus. Good thing he's adorable otherwise he'd be out on the street!
ReplyDeleteI think stained glass is a wonderful creative outlet. Remember the semi-stained glass picture of iris you did for 4-H with the weathered wood frame? That would be a great museum to see. I have only seen Louis Comfort Tiffany's works on the Antiques Roadshow. What a treat to see them in person. PS- I think everyone looked they had been good for Santa this year!
ReplyDelete