Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Family Vacation

Hi friends.

It has been a while. Partly that is due to the fact that my ancient computer is soooooo slow lately and it is such a headache to get anything done. And we were gone on vacation for a couple weeks! We had a family reunion in Idaho and got to spend a couple days in Philadelphia as well. Pictures to follow.

In other news, Alex is a Junior Resident instead of a lowly intern now. As far as whether this will be better or worse than last year, the jury is still out. Probably better and worse from what I can tell.

We have been in our home now for a year. We did a lot of work last week to put some flower beds in. It finally looks like someone cares about the place. Now we just need to plant something in them.

Okay picture time. We will go backwards.
 We were able to visit Washington's Crossing at the tail end of our trip. This is where, you guessed it, Washington crossed the Delaware River that fateful Christmas day in 1776. As the tour guide said, the victory there didn't win the war but kept us from losing it. This boat house has replicas of the boats that he would have used.






Ah, camping with a 15 month old. It was fun.

 And exhausting. Try chasing her around all day long...

 Napping was a challenge because of the heat.

 She was teething for much of the trip.

 Can't believe how much this little lady has grown since we saw her last.

Oh my goodness, this one too! What a cutie!

 Isn't he such a handsome little guy? I wish I had more pictures of family but I was too busy keeping my child out of the fire pit to think of pulling the camera out.

 Quality time with grandpa. She was very mommy clingy, BUT if you just get her away from me, she does fine!

 I so miss the wide open spaces. Seeing the stars. No traffic. I am so not a city girl.

 We managed to make it to Jackson and had to visit our favorite chocolate shop there!


 Cecily couldn't get enough of the movies in the floor at the visitor's center.

 These mountains, this view. It feeds my soul.


 We also took a day trip with some of the family to Craters of the Moon. Have you been there?


 It is a unique place.

 The wind had to be blowing 60 mph on the top of this hill. It was crazy.

 My dad saved the day by chasing down my mom's hat which blew off her head and we all assumed was a goner.



That was our trip, or at least what we have pictures of. It was hard to come home, partially because it still doesn't really feel like home (see above about the not being a city girl...) but good to see our dogs and be in a routine again.

1 comment:

  1. I was SO glad Dad saved my hat! It was brand new and I paid a whole $4 for it!! We are so glad you could be with us for a little while and wish you all back ASAP! I couldn't be a city girl but then the city probably wouldn't want me anyway. I am blessed and grateful I can sit on my back deck and view God's creations.

    ReplyDelete