Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life!! (not just those that are technically mothers - because there are some women in my life with no children but that have been/are wonderful mothers.) This is my second Mother's Day as a mom and I know I often wax sentimental on this blog, at least after having my baby, so I will spare you that today except to say: being a mom is awesome! I never knew how much I would enjoy it!

I wanted to share a link to a blog of a friend Ashlee who wrote a great Mother's Day post last year. I was thinking of it recently and went back to find it and reread it. I love her message, so I share it with you here. She included pictures of many of her friends with their children and seeing those pictures makes me pine for Illinois and all the people I love and miss there...

And because I can't really resist posting pictures of C, here you go. Blast from the past:

I've been told a million times that the time goes quickly, they change so fast, etc. 

Well, those million people are right. These cheeks? they are a thing of the past. I miss them.

 I miss these moments too. 

Happy Mother's Day to my baby's grandmothers, great grandmothers, aunts and all the female role models she already has in her life. We both love you and are grateful for you!



1 comment: