Cecily and I were able to enjoy Thanksgiving together in Philadelphia while Alex worked. The trip down was almost a disaster. Thank goodness the driver's side window finally went back up after I stopped to get a turnpike ticket. Freezing cold air blowing in on you while you are going 70 mph and still have 80 miles to go with an infant in your back seat is not a good combination. My very urgent prayer was answered.
Cousins
Mom and dad Parent came back with us to spend a week here. They got to see a lot of Cecily, some of Alex, too much of my cooking and too much of Ruben. We saw some of the sights too (can you count Costco as a sight?)
Longfellow house and Washington's headquarters during the Boston siege
My nine month old baby (!) finally, as of the last week or so, has a predictable napping schedule. She sleeps fairly well at night. She is scooting rather efficiently, including right off the bed if given half the chance. She talks herself to sleep at naptime. She is a social creature and loves interacting with people. She is eating pretty much whatever I give her, and especially enjoys stinky cheese and dark chocolate (what can I say? She is her momma's daughter). And as of this morning, she has two teeth!
Life is good. Sometimes (especially on those weekend nights when Alex expected to be home 5 hours earlier than he actually is) I feel like a single parent and I feel sorry for myself but then I try to remember that it could be way worse. And, as Alex often reminds me, our the things that make our lives challenging right now are then things we wanted for ourselves and that we chose. They are the wonderful things in life and the things that will help us to grow.
What a ham. On top of the tower at Mt. Auburn cemetery. This was a month or so ago, right when the trees were changing color.
Cecily is beautiful and changing so much. I can see some strawberry blonde hair coming-just like her mom.
ReplyDeleteI miss having a baby. My boy just had a 5th birthday and my girl is turning 4 in 2 months. BTW, Get yourself an EZPass for those trips to PA or just around the East coast. It is the best way to travel!
ReplyDeleteIt was so wonderful having you both here. It was the best Thanksgiving present! Mom and Dad said you treated them royally. I'm not surprised
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to say that just because you choose something it isn't necessarily easier than if it was forced on you... It just happens to be something you want. We all chose to come to earth, but that doesn't always make it easy. You are all doing a great job in a difficult situation. Love you!
ReplyDelete