To sum up life since I blogged last:
It is getting cold here.
I am loving this 8 month old stage. She is getting mobile (but not enough to get into much), is so responsive and interested in everything, is happy most of the time, and is sleeping through the night! (She still gets up at 5:00 or 5:30, but I will take what I can get. She is a good napper, which helps.)
Hi. This is my zoned out face I get when I'm tired.
Alex is still gone all the time. To be perfectly honest, some days I really, really despise the whole residency thing and wish he had chosen a different path. Other times I accept it for what it is and figure that I should apply all those lessons I have had in church about learning from our trials instead of just enduring them...
High: yesterday Alex finished up way earlier than normal and was able to join me and my coworkers for an IMAX movie at the Omni theater at the Museum of Science and dinner at an Italian restaurant in the North End.
Low: a day of a plugged duct leading to mastitis I think (feverish, pain, etc), stuck at home without a car because Alex had to get to work at an abominably early hour, not that I would have gone anywhere because I was feeling so gross. Luckily it resolved that day and the next day I felt so much better.
Ok let's move on to what you really care about.
Cecily and her buddy Saul.
(yeah, I haven't posted since before Halloween...)
Better watch out, pumpkin Dean. Someone is after you.
Dean, focus! I'm trying to flirt over here!
Tell me you've seen a cuter Frankenstein baby.
Cecily and her friend Annika. Annika also has cool toys.
This might be my favorite video ever.

Love to see Cecily "movin' and groovin'" and hope Mom can keep up with her and all those 5:00 AM mornings! Yeek!
ReplyDeletePS- Katie take it from me- some trials you just endure!
ReplyDeleteAw, I love those videos! They are also precious :-) thanks for taking time to share those with us. I can't believe she's already mobile!
ReplyDeleteSecond year is worse right! I kept thinking oh this will get better. It didn't. It is a hard path we chose. It was super great this summer to actually see Jason work in kenya. It gave me a greater appreciation for the reason for thesacrifice. That being said I am feeling great about coming to the end. At one point he was talking about fellowship...three more years of Q4-Q5, but then he decided to get a job instead. I'm sure I could have done it. Lani's mantra of expect nothing and be happy for everything you do get has kept me going for almost twelve years now but it does feel glorious to be at the end of that road! You will be there soon as well! Cecily is adorable! She looks like she is a tall girl!
ReplyDeleteThat is a good mantra. Thanks for sharing :)
DeleteLove seeing your baby grow and change - thanks for posting and keeping us updated!
ReplyDelete