My precious baby girl is 9 days old today. Every day I think "this is the only day the rest of her life that she is going to be (fill in the blank) days old", and I have to say, it makes me sad that days go by so quickly. This time next year she will be a year old! In only one year! I try to cherish every moment with her. I take that back. I don't really cherish the times when she is fussy at night instead of letting us sleep. And there is definitely a steep learning curve to being a new mom. But in general, I am so grateful to have a sweet little daughter as part of our family and I am so grateful to be her mother. My mother-in-law made the observation that the day my daughter was born, all of a sudden my life and identity changed for the rest of eternity. In a way, I was born to a new life as a mother.
I want to share my birth story, but that will have to wait for another time. Honestly, I am still processing the whole thing myself.
Here are a few pictures of my sweet little girl. It is amazing how much she has changed already.
This is from day 3 I believe. Looking at this picture, I think she has already changed a lot since then.
Please note the long fingers. One of the first things we noticed about her.
She likes to snuggle.
Cely and I decided to come to match day. A one week old only lasts so long though, so we did leave a little early.
I am loving my Moby wrap to have Cely close to me and still have hands to do things with.
A couple other things I want to point out. Both the oven and the dryer were broken when we came home from the hospital. Alex figured out the problems with both and the oven is back online and the dryer part should get here any day. Alex is thinking of opening his own appliance repair shop on the side.
Glad all is going well w/ Cely and Alex said sleep has been slightly better!! Thanks for sharing pics!! Glad about Boston to. Yeah, for answered prayers!! Love you all so much!! Yes, even Ruben... ha ha.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little girl!! I am excited for you guys to go to Boston! Good luck with the upcoming changes and a new baby. Much love,
ReplyDeleteBeck
Love this post. And I love that you could figure out how to tie a Moby wrap. I got way confused and stuffed mine in a drawer :).
ReplyDeleteI don't think I will even try...
DeleteBeautiful baby. A far cry from Strax. Can't wait to see the three of you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the match! Your daughter is such a beauty. Oh sleep. Why are they so confused in the beginning. Sometimes I would be so tired that I wouldn't even wake up for the feeding. Jason would just pull up my shirt and hook they baby on. I'm not going to lie...we did a lot of co-sleeping. Hope you can sneak some good naps in. Enjoy every moment. Wish you could bottle up that first year! I was looking at my baby yesterday and realized he's almost as tall as me. Time flies so fast!
ReplyDeleteI am excited for more baby posts. It will go by fast even the hard moments. Soon you will have a 3 year old! Congrats to Alex. Very exciting.
ReplyDeleteWoah! Boston?!? I LOVE Boston! I lived there for one summer and totally fell in love. How exciting!
ReplyDeleteAnd how beautiful! Yes! I totally agree with your MIL. I was thinking about that this past week because my first baby turned 9. I have been a mother for 9 years. Everything about me changed when he came into my life!
She is so, so cute! Can't wait to see you soon. I plan to call tonight about dinner! Ahhhh! I can't believe it's taken this long for me to call you back! Sorry!
Congratulations to Alex for Boston and for being an appliance repairman par excellance'. So many hidden talents. And that goes for Mom Katie too. You will find many hidden treasures in being a mom for eternity. My baby just turned 27 last Thursday- the time passes oh so quickly. Enjoy and explore all the hidden joyful possibilities of being a mom.
ReplyDeleteI could just say ditto to all the above --- but I won't :-) Since Alex was my baby, who also liked to cuddle, I will post my CONGRATULATIONS on your match!! As Dr. Seuss wrote: Oh, the places you will go!
ReplyDeleteKatie, your love for your precious Cely just oozes and radiates from your blog. I love it!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post for those of us far away. As a woman it does not get any better than being a mom :-D Love to all 3 of you!