Friday, March 14, 2014

Baby Parent

Katie and I have wonderful news. Our little girl was born this morning at 4:24 am. She is a healthy 7 lb and 15 oz and is 20.75 inches from head to heel. Everyone here at the hospital says that she is perfect, and I can't disagree. We feel so blessed to have her in our family after all this time, and can't wait for all of you to meet her. She is already our special little girl.






I hope that Katie will share her labor experience later on, but I just want to say that I have never been more amazed, impressed, and in love with my wife than I was last night. She was simply incredible.

The name? Well, Katie's not ready to commit quite yet. Check back soon for a status update.

19 comments:

  1. Name? Just a suggestion - today is March 14 or 3/14 or 3.14 or, as us engineers like to call it pi and look how easy it would be to sign her name: π.

    Felicidades,
    Stan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one of my favorite poems:
      Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting,
      The soul that rises with us, our life's star,
      Has had elsewhere it setting,
      And cometh from afar.
      Not in entire forgetfulness,
      And not in utter nakedness,
      But trailing clouds of glory do we come
      From God who is our home.

      The clouds are still visible.

      Delete
  2. She is beautiful! Congrats Parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am crying! These pictures are beautiful and I am so, so, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teared up to!! Happiness beyond words. She is finally here!! Welcome little one. You are already so loved. Can't wait to meet her. What an added blessing to you eternal family!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly got emotional reading this too. I especially love the pic if the 3 of you. Katie is cradling her like she can't believe her baby is finally with her. What a beautiful daughter you both have. Good luck with her name, but FYI Madeline has been telling us it's Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very sincere and hearty congratulations! I am so glad that she is here and beautiful and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful and a sweet good baby. She loves to be cuddled and I am SO LUCKY I got to hold her today. You will just have to be jealous Stan and wait your turn!

    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that Grandma was still here (and that we got to meet her on Sunday)!! What a special time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a little miracle! Happy to hear mom and baby are healthy. Enjoy your sweet baby! Congratulations :) (This is Valoie's daughter).

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Pi baby?! Alice is thrilled to share her birthday with such a special girl. Congratulations! I am eager for the details, of course, and your thoughts on everything, but maybe a little later. I am so, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea! Welcome baby! WWhatever you name her, you can always add pi for a nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. Long awaited and much loved: happy baby day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! Oh my gosh, she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A picture a day! They change, I think, much, day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I am oh so happy for you. You guys of all people deserve this and you will be great parents. She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete