The day before yesterday Alex and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. We celebrated by going to the 1st annual Homer Bottled Glass Soda festival and sampling 16 different kinds of soda. I met Elvis there and realized I like a good ginger ale. What better way to celebrate the anniversary of two people who drink soda about twice per year than to go to a soda festival.
A few of the things I have learned from Alex in the past 6 years:
- how to argue/fight more effectively (I mean this in a good way)
- how to forage for food (wild mulberries and black raspberries anyone?)
- that 1/4 acre can be amazingly productive if you plan ahead and plant some stuff and take care of it
- how to cut men's hair. Kind of. I mean, I kind of learned. And Alex didn't teach me, but he does let me practice on him.
- the best way to feel peace and happiness is just to do what God wants you to do. Then you don't need to worry about the consequences.
A few of the things Alex has learned from me:
- that he should do the dishes.
- that he should rub my feet.
- that he should buy me earrings :)
Alex taught me an object lesson that he learned from our rabbits yesterday. We had a rabbit that kept getting out last week and chomping on our garden so he put it in solitary confinement (a cage). Which goes to show that if you are disobedient and make bad choices, you give up freedom. I taught him an object lesson from our pear tree. Recently, our pear tree was afflicted with fire blight. We had to cut off three big branches with a lot of fruit on them to save the tree. Which goes to show that if you have dead parts they should be cut off.

Katie - you are so pretty! I love your hair at that length and you make Elvis look better by being in his vicinity!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! We were 2007 newlyweds, too--it went fast!
ReplyDelete