Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stuff growing in my house

I have no announcements. Alex has no announcements. There is nothing to blog about.

Except for this persistent question: why can't we grow basil?

Case in point:
This pathetic plant is the only thing that grew out of three entire seed packets we planted this year inside and out. It is a sad little basil plant. 

Here is the basil's kitchen island neighbor, a mum that I bought in April and never got around to planting. I think it is a little late now.



This is my husband sweeping up the shards of a glass that I broke as I was shoving stuff around on the kitchen island trying to take these awesome pictures. 


Here is a peace lilly growing in my house. For those of you with cats, these are actually not lillies of the sort that will kill cats like Easter Lillies. These are totally safe to have around cats. 


Finally, a picture of stuff growing in my freezer because Alex and I cannot eat cookies and muffins and bread fast enough to keep them from filling up our freezer. Feel free to stop by and have a cookie anytime. 


PS I hope no one was blinded by the whiteness of my skin in our new blog theme picture. 

3 comments:

  1. lol you guys are interesting even when you're not interesting. Love the new look of the blog. And that is pretty sad basil. Basil is just not that hard to grow... Did you try It outside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you new blog scenario! Or scene-a-rio as the case may be ;-) Is the photo taken in Utah? Where? It is gorgeous :-) Hope you are looking forward to your birthdays because they are right around the corner! Love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I can't complain that you have nothing new for me to read since I haven't written a post in a WHILE!!! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete