Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shout out to my dad

And for all those other closet blog readers out there. You know who you are.

Updates:
1. I cut my hair. It is still long
2. We went to Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. It was wonderful.

We got to see these folks (on the train into downtown Philly.)

We took some time to see the sights within walking distance downtown. I think here Bethany was telling me something shocking. 

Of course, we ate some delicious food... more than once... (thanks Tony for another great Italian meal!)
We miss you Nick and Emily!

I really like this picture (besides the fact that it isn't in focus).

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for the founding fathers and signers of the Declaration of Independence who had the foresight and courage to fight for and establish our nation. This is Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was signed. The chair is an original and it is where George Washington sat. 

We saw some amazing historical sights in Philadelphia.
Thanks Mrs. Woodard for instilling a love of history in me 11 years ago!

Alex got a chance to review his anatomy at the Mutter museum. 
Soap lady anyone?

We were lucky enough to get a back room tour at Termini's, a famous Philadelphia pastry shop.

The biggest kitchen aid I have ever seen. I asked for one for Christmas. I am going to build an extra room to store it in.


Glencairn mansion. It has an amazing history I won't go into. Easily one of the most amazing places I have ever been. 

Suffice it to say that this was the living room. 

That's me. Showing off my biceps.

A view of the cathedral from the tower of Glencairn mansion. 

Again the tower. 

The house was not only built to be a living area but to be a museum of sorts for religious art. This one, by a sculptor I can't remember, was my favorite. It is two evil spirits and two good spirits vying for the human spirit. 

Two love birds - the bed post in the master bedroom. These sorts of details were everywhere (minus the eyeball).

I really like all these people. 


On the way home we stopped by Pittsburgh to visit a dear friend and mission companion. The perfect ending to a perfect trip. 





2 comments:

  1. AHHH, what a great post! We really miss you guys. Glad you had a good time hanging out here, and glad you still have your long, gorgeous hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. closet blog reader here. COol post. Looks like fun travels for you guys! Thanks for sharing. It was good to see pics of all those people we love too.

    ReplyDelete