This has been a week of celebration. Katie doesn't work Thursdays, so I ditched work and Katie and I spent the day together. After a morning of yard work, we had lunch at
Kofusion. They have a nice lunch buffet for only $10. Everyone in the C/U area should try it at least once. We will go back. After lunch we finally saw Harry Potter 7b. We both liked it.
 |
| The sushi was the best part. This was plate #1. |
 |
| Big bite! |
 |
| This is about the time the server started ignoring us... |
This Saturday Katie and I hosted a barbecue for my research group. We had a good turn out and everyone seemed to have a nice time. It was nice to finally have everyone over to our house. I have a great advisor and the K-group has been very supportive since day 1 of my PhD. This was my little way of saying thanks.
 |
| The dessert table. Dr K., my advisor is on the right. |
It turns out that when my advisor and his wife, Benita, first moved to Urbana they rented a house in our culdesac. That's right, Drs. K lived in 3 Weaver Pl. Who knew? They said that surprisingly little had changed since they left. I guess that means we still have some renovations left to do on our house...or at least that we should re-landscape.
 |
| Drs. K in front of 3 Weaver Pl, their first Urbana home (the blue/grey house). |
Finally, some random pictures:
 |
| Yummy |
 |
| From the garden |
Beautiful Lola picture! The food everywhere looked yummy! I'm glad you liked your celebratory food binge- well earned. Fun post, thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteI love all the beautiful pics! The tomatoes look yummy. Are they heirloom? How funny that your advisor lived practically next door. Must be that chemistry vibe down there... Good that you gave back to your research group :)
ReplyDelete