Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Day in the Life

of a vet student.

Can anyone guess what I'm getting ready to do? 

Definitely wanted to steal this little heart breaker. 


This was a very happy herd of Jersey cows. I need a Jersey cow someday to make my life complete. 

We went to a deer farm...

to fix this. Anyone have any ideas what this is? 

I really liked petting the fawns. 

Sometimes when I'm not at school, I engage in other forms of hard manual labor, like picking blueberries. 

Alex helps too.

Other forms of manual labor include gardening. Remember this?:

Now look at the crazy jungle:

(Six-foot-tall tomato plants.)





Watermelon hair is endearing to me.

It keeps going on and on, folks. Alex took approximately fifty pictures of our gardens. (Plural because all of our plants are not in one place. There is the vegetable garden then there is the herb garden and the other half dozen random places in our yard where we have something growing that could potentially produce food. For your sake, I will not include more pictures.) 

This kills me.

And every now and then I eat dinner, sometimes with friends!

Happy Independence Day!

9 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Alex walking through the bushes. Great post! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I enjoy reading. Enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your veg garden is terrific! I'm kinda scared to guess what your friend is holding or what you are about to do with that massive glove that's up to your neck. But I did grow up on a farm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another wonderful update. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie and Alex,

    Congratulations on a great garden! You get two green thumbs UP! Our garden looks like something related to the Hobbits compared to yours!!!!!

    With all those huge tomato plants you had better get ready to make some salsa and spaghetti sauce. Too bad I will be there too late to do it for you! Oh well, there is no time like the present to learn.

    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I love those baby cows (yes, I know they're calves, but I like saying baby cows better). And whoever that redhead boy is in your friend dinner photo is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really like cows, but that little brown jersey would have made me want to bring it home, too!

    I can't believe your garden(s). What in the world are you putting in your soil? It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the pictures. Seriously though what are you getting ready to do?!?

    Gigi wants to type something:

    ergrgrterfuertttyutygytttrt
    gigi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving pictures of your garden. It looks so delicious! I think gardening is honestly one of my favorite things. I can't wait until we have a house so we can grow our own garden again. Good job on yours, it looks wonderful! And it sounds like you're having fun with it too!

    Love you. Come visit me someday.

    ReplyDelete