Sunday, October 4, 2015

Recap

Hi friends! I haven't posted for a while but we had a great summer. We are all sad that is over especially since Alex's schedule is about to get crazy again. Our garden did fairly well. We got a lot of blackberries and tomatoes mostly and a few crops of beans. We were able to put in some flower beds and plants some perennials and an herb garden. 

My parents were here for a week and we loved having them. Papa and Alex put in a new swing on the maple stump for Cecily, which she loves. I will have to get a picture of that later.

 Cecily enjoyed digging in the sand at Crane Beach.  Sand flew all about with her little digging fingers and dad helped her get it out of her mouth more than once.


She was also way more adventurous than I was getting into the frigid water. 

We explored the grounds of the mansion on the hill overlooking the beach. 

 My dad was in his element at the battleship museum. We toured a cruiser, destroyer, submarine, and probably something else. Not Cecily's favorite.

Cecily did, however, enjoy exploring John Adam's farm in Quincy with her dad while the rest of us saw the inside of the house. So when I buy my five acre hobby farm someday, she will be in heaven. So will I.

 Until then, we will just enjoy open space when we have it.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love the picture at the top of your blog! I haven't visited the actual site in a while... just reading on my blog reader. So cute! Love those little pics of C, too. She is just chugging along across the fields lol So glad you guys had a great summer together :)

    ReplyDelete