Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spring IS here!


Friends, neighbors, countrymen: 

I am pleased to announce that the last of our snow melted on April 11th and while a few stubborn patches hang out in parking lots around town, they cannot last for long. The weather has been getting into the 60s! I went outside the other day and actually felt warm! I couldn't believe it. 


I think that may have been the longest winter of my life. I don't really know if I am any stronger for it, but I survived. I lived to tell the tale. I feel almost giddy sometimes when I think about all the months of warm weather that await us, all the parks we can visit, the fact that I can go outside without a jacket. You heard me: without a jacket!!


Cecily is a little toddler. Meaning that she toddles. She will take a few steps before having to regroup but I think her days of having to be carried everywhere are quickly coming to an end. Just like every milestone, it is a wonderful thing and a little bittersweet. 


I realize that 99% of the pictures I have of her are in her high chair. And, yes, that may just be a prefold diaper that she is using as a bib. It seemed like the right thing to do.


We are thinking about putting wallpaper on one of the walls in our front room and maybe a wall in our bedroom. I have assembled quite the wallpaper sample collection. I think I have narrowed it down to three favorites. If you guess which ones, I will buy you an ice cream cone.

Someday I might have hair, guys.

2 comments:

  1. Two front teeth!! So happy for you guys to have some nicer weather. I like the wallpaper in the middle with the tan background and the yellow-orange leaves. I like the birch tree one on the middle left, too. and i personally like the tan with gold insects. Which ones do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the wonderful photos and expressive dialog. Cecily is so fun to see. You have a delightful family!

    ReplyDelete